Preferred bidder chosen by Bennetts administrators
The administrators of electrical retailer Bennetts have entered exclusive negotiations with a potential buyer.
Partners at PKF, who were appointed joint administrators of the Norwich-based firm on March 10, have selected a preferred bidder and entered into a 'short exclusivity period' while a possible sale is negotiated.
No details of the proposed sale or possible buyer have been disclosed but PKF said it expected to provide further information early next week.
All other interested parties have been notified and the remaining 57 staff have been informed of the current situation.
The administrators have also expressed thanks to staff, customers, suppliers and landlords for their 'support and patience during this difficult period'.
You may also want to watch:
On March 12, the administrators announced 228 redundancies. All 16 stores, 14 of which are in East Anglia, remain closed.
Customers with queries are asked to call a helpline on 0845 4582000.
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 3 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 4 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 5 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 6 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 9 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder