More than 230 Norwich homes were affected by unexpected power cut
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 homes in Norwich were without power for an hour following an unexpected power cut.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power cut which affected 236 homes in the NR2 3 postcode shortly before 10pm on Wednesday night (May 22).
Engineers arrived on the scene at 10.10pm to investigate the outage which was found to be caused by a fault on an underground electricity cable on the high voltage network.
Power returned to the area at around 11.09pm.
On its website UK Power Networks said: "We're sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
"We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area. To get everyone's power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We'll continue to update you until everyone's power is back on."
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days