More than 230 Norwich homes were affected by unexpected power cut
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 homes in Norwich were without power for an hour following an unexpected power cut.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power cut which affected 236 homes in the NR2 3 postcode shortly before 10pm on Wednesday night (May 22).
Engineers arrived on the scene at 10.10pm to investigate the outage which was found to be caused by a fault on an underground electricity cable on the high voltage network.
Power returned to the area at around 11.09pm.
On its website UK Power Networks said: "We're sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
You may also want to watch:
"We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area. To get everyone's power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We'll continue to update you until everyone's power is back on."
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?