More than 230 Norwich homes were affected by unexpected power cut
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 homes in Norwich were without power for an hour following an unexpected power cut.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power cut which affected 236 homes in the NR2 3 postcode shortly before 10pm on Wednesday night (May 22).
Engineers arrived on the scene at 10.10pm to investigate the outage which was found to be caused by a fault on an underground electricity cable on the high voltage network.
Power returned to the area at around 11.09pm.
On its website UK Power Networks said: "We're sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
You may also want to watch:
"We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area. To get everyone's power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We'll continue to update you until everyone's power is back on."
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale