Power cuts affect Norwich residents
Residents and businesses in Norwich were affect by a series of brief power cuts last night.
There were reports of the first power cut happening for a couple of seconds just before 9.30pm and also another momentary outage at 10.30pm.
There were also reports of similar incidents from the Ipswich Road and Thorpe St Andrew areas of the city.
A spokesman from the electricity board, UK Power Networks, said: 'A fault on an underground electricity cable interrupted power supplies in the Rouen Road and Surrey Street area of Norwich just before 9.30pm last night.
'UK Power Networks engineers restored power to the first customers just after 10pm and all supplies were reconnected by 10.25pm. During our work to restore power some of our customers, in the east of the city, may have experienced flickering supplies.
'We recognise the inconvenience this caused and would like to apologise to all those affected.'
UK Power Networks was unable to confirm how many customers were affected.
- 1 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 2 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 10 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
Were you affected by last night's power cuts? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com