Power cuts affect Norwich residents
Residents and businesses in Norwich were affect by a series of brief power cuts last night.
There were reports of the first power cut happening for a couple of seconds just before 9.30pm and also another momentary outage at 10.30pm.
There were also reports of similar incidents from the Ipswich Road and Thorpe St Andrew areas of the city.
A spokesman from the electricity board, UK Power Networks, said: 'A fault on an underground electricity cable interrupted power supplies in the Rouen Road and Surrey Street area of Norwich just before 9.30pm last night.
'UK Power Networks engineers restored power to the first customers just after 10pm and all supplies were reconnected by 10.25pm. During our work to restore power some of our customers, in the east of the city, may have experienced flickering supplies.
You may also want to watch:
'We recognise the inconvenience this caused and would like to apologise to all those affected.'
UK Power Networks was unable to confirm how many customers were affected.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
- 10 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
Were you affected by last night's power cuts? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org