Power cut leaves more than 2,000 Dereham Road-area properties without electricity
- Credit: Archant
More than 2,000 properties in the Costessey area were left without electricity tonight.
UK Power Networks says engineers are still working to restore power to 355 of its customers following a problem on its high voltage network.
An underground cable fault at 8.25pm left 2,074 houses in the Dereham Road area without electricity.
The operator said the majority of customers had their electricity supplies restored to normal in stages by 9.20pm.
A spokeswoman said: 'We would like to reassure the remaining customers that we are working as quickly as is safely possible to restore their power.
You may also want to watch:
'We realise how difficult it can be to be without power, particularly during the cold weather, and apologise for any inconvenience.'
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 5 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages