Power cut leaves more than 2,000 Dereham Road-area properties without electricity
- Credit: Archant
More than 2,000 properties in the Costessey area were left without electricity tonight.
UK Power Networks says engineers are still working to restore power to 355 of its customers following a problem on its high voltage network.
An underground cable fault at 8.25pm left 2,074 houses in the Dereham Road area without electricity.
The operator said the majority of customers had their electricity supplies restored to normal in stages by 9.20pm.
A spokeswoman said: 'We would like to reassure the remaining customers that we are working as quickly as is safely possible to restore their power.
'We realise how difficult it can be to be without power, particularly during the cold weather, and apologise for any inconvenience.'
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?