Post office reopening welcomed by residents
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
After being closed for nearly a year-and-a-half the Larkman Lane post office is set to be reopened next month - to the delight of residents.
The branch was closed in August 2013 after the Co-Op store in which it was situated decided not to renew its lease.
Local councillors, including Mike Sands, campaigned to reopen the branch, which they felt was important for the local community - with Mr Sands instrumental in seeing the Post Office starting a public consultation in October regarding the branch reopening.
The post office will reopen on Tuesday, February 10 at 1pm inside the same premises as the previous branch which is now L & K convenience stores run by Kiran Desor.
Mrs Desor said: 'The customers are so happy that it is being reopened and they are really glad. Everyone has been talking about it.
You may also want to watch:
'I thought it would be a good idea to reopen it as it would be good for the community to have a local post office.'
The branch will offer a wide range of postal services, including letter and parcel services, bill paying, travel money and insurance and withdrawals using a Post Office card account.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 4 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 5 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 8 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 9 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 10 'If you have a passion, run with it': Nursery boss opens third site
Wendy Hamilton, for the Post Office, said: 'We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Norwich and we are confident this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the community will be popular.'
The branch will be open from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 9pm and 8am to 8pm on Sunday.
What are your thoughts on the reopening of the Larkman Lane post office? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Previous article on Larkman Lane Post Office http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/plans_to_close_larkman_lane_norwich_post_office_1_1405335