Post office reopening welcomed by residents
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
After being closed for nearly a year-and-a-half the Larkman Lane post office is set to be reopened next month - to the delight of residents.
The branch was closed in August 2013 after the Co-Op store in which it was situated decided not to renew its lease.
Local councillors, including Mike Sands, campaigned to reopen the branch, which they felt was important for the local community - with Mr Sands instrumental in seeing the Post Office starting a public consultation in October regarding the branch reopening.
The post office will reopen on Tuesday, February 10 at 1pm inside the same premises as the previous branch which is now L & K convenience stores run by Kiran Desor.
Mrs Desor said: 'The customers are so happy that it is being reopened and they are really glad. Everyone has been talking about it.
You may also want to watch:
'I thought it would be a good idea to reopen it as it would be good for the community to have a local post office.'
The branch will offer a wide range of postal services, including letter and parcel services, bill paying, travel money and insurance and withdrawals using a Post Office card account.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
Wendy Hamilton, for the Post Office, said: 'We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Norwich and we are confident this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the community will be popular.'
The branch will be open from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 9pm and 8am to 8pm on Sunday.
What are your thoughts on the reopening of the Larkman Lane post office? Email email@example.com
• Previous article on Larkman Lane Post Office http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/plans_to_close_larkman_lane_norwich_post_office_1_1405335