Post office reopening welcomed by residents
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
After being closed for nearly a year-and-a-half the Larkman Lane post office is set to be reopened next month - to the delight of residents.
The branch was closed in August 2013 after the Co-Op store in which it was situated decided not to renew its lease.
Local councillors, including Mike Sands, campaigned to reopen the branch, which they felt was important for the local community - with Mr Sands instrumental in seeing the Post Office starting a public consultation in October regarding the branch reopening.
The post office will reopen on Tuesday, February 10 at 1pm inside the same premises as the previous branch which is now L & K convenience stores run by Kiran Desor.
Mrs Desor said: 'The customers are so happy that it is being reopened and they are really glad. Everyone has been talking about it.
'I thought it would be a good idea to reopen it as it would be good for the community to have a local post office.'
The branch will offer a wide range of postal services, including letter and parcel services, bill paying, travel money and insurance and withdrawals using a Post Office card account.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 6 Hidden city garden opening for one day with live music and plant sale
- 7 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 8 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
Wendy Hamilton, for the Post Office, said: 'We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Norwich and we are confident this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the community will be popular.'
The branch will be open from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 9pm and 8am to 8pm on Sunday.
What are your thoughts on the reopening of the Larkman Lane post office? Email email@example.com
• Previous article on Larkman Lane Post Office http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/plans_to_close_larkman_lane_norwich_post_office_1_1405335