Poringland schoolboy on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
A 12-year-old from Poringland will be appearing on the popular Britain's Got Talent television show tonight
Ronan Parke, pictured right, will be seen taking to the stage in London in front of a huge crowd, and of course judges Amanda Holden, Louis Walsh and Michael MacIntyre.
The Framingham Earl High School pupil has singing lessons in Norwich, and his parents Trevor and Maggie will also be seen nervously watching from the wings as their son performs his all-important audition.
The Britain's Got Talent website says Ronan blows the judges away with his stunning rendition of Nina Simone's Feeling Good and gets them on their feet – but is it enough to win him a place in the next round?
The site says: 'With a voice like that and the whole Justin Bieber hairstyle and vibe going on, we think it's only a matter of time before the young singer has legions of female fans falling at his feet.'
You may also want to watch:
And close family friend Bryan Gunn, who will be watching the show tonight with the rest of the Gunns and the Parkes, is hoping that if the youngster wins through to the next round, the people of Norfolk will give him their support. The former Norwich City footballer's daughter Melissa helped Ronan to put together his application for Britain's Got Talent, and Ronan's older brother Declan, 15, is best friends with Mr Gunn's son Angus. The former Scotland international goalkeeper said: 'A lot of the speculation in the press has been saying that the winner could come from one of the younger entries. Of course we all think it will be Ronan.
'He is always singing around the house at home and when the family go round to friends for lunch Ronan always gives us a medley of his favourite songs.
- 1 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 2 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 3 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 4 Norwich pub to host Christmas market and Disney breakfast
- 5 'We've lost £300,000': Bar owner slams £1,000 grant 'insult'
- 6 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 7 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 8 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
'All will become clearer after tomorrow's show, but if it goes well he could be through to the semi-finals and down to the final 40 – not bad for a 12-year-old from Poringland.'
To see Ronan's performance and the judges' comments, watch Britain's Got Talent at 8pm on ITV tonight.