Poringland schoolboy and Britain’s Got Talent finalist Ronan Parke to help nurture young talent in Norwich
A schoolboy singing sensation from Poringland who shot to fame on Britain's Got Talent is to help nurture young starlets at a Norwich youth venue.
Ronan Parke, 13, eventually finished second on the hit ITV1 show earlier this year after initially wowing judges, Amanda Holden, the audience and millions of viewers with his version of Nina Simone's Feeling Good.
The Framingham Earl High School pupil, who is set to release his debut album with Sony Music next month, has been touring the nation's arenas since he finished BGT, but will soon help provide a boost to young talent.
Ronan has agreed to become the youth ambassador for the Open Youth Trust, based at Bank Plain, Norwich, which is committed to supporting young people in the city.
After visiting Open last week, where he met his singing teacher Kay Webber who has now set up lessons at the venue, Ronan said he was 'really excited to start working closely with the trust'. He also feels there are 'some great opportunities and support there for young people to develop their talent and learn new skills'.
Sarah Mintey, principal of the Open Youth Trust said: 'I'm delighted that Ronan has agreed to become our ambassador.
'Ronan embodies all that the trust aims to nurture in young people who are wanting to realise their hopes, dreams and potential.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 Homes plan for former Start-Rite shoe factory site rejected
Ronan's first album, Ronan Parke, will be released on October 24. He is also set to perform for two nights at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton-on-Sea on October 21 and 23.
More than �14 million viewers tuned in to watch Ronan come second to Scottish singer Jai McDowall after Ronan belted out a pitch-perfect cover of Kelly Clarkson's Because of You – and it has been predicted that Ronan could go on to become the most successful Britain's Got Talent finalist ever.
As a BGT finalist, Ronan earned a place on the 14-date tour which saw him perform to huge audiences at a number of venues across the UK, including London's O2 Arena, where he has previously watched his favourite singers, including Lady Gaga and Beyonce, perform.
To find out more about Open call 01603 763111.
Have your talents earned you national or international acclaim? Call Evening News reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to check out Going Out on p30 or our website at www.evening news24.co.uk for things to do in and around the city.