Popular Suffolk community show to return for first time in a decade
- Credit: Archant
A popular community show will return for the first time in more than a decade thanks to new organisers who have pledged a fun, family day out.
Some 2,000 sausages, 2,000 burgers, 3,500 bread rolls and seven pigs are on order for this year's Rickinghall Car and Motorcycle Show, which promises to return with purpose for its 26th year.
The three-day event, from March 30 to April 1, which was last held in 2002 and which has combined with the village's Pie and Ale Festival, will feature classic cars and motorcycles as well as a variety of family favourites.
These will include a falconry display and live music on the Saturday as well as a Punch and Judy show each afternoon, an Easter egg hunt, donkey rides, martial arts and comedians on Sunday and sheep racing and a band on Monday. There will be a beer tent, a marquee with crafts and local produce, hog roasts, food stalls, trade stands, rides, a bouncy castle and more.
Kevin Newport is planning the event with his brother and sister-in-law, Howard and Georgina.
You may also want to watch:
They, in turn, are sponsoring it through their pub The Bell Inn, in Rickinghall.
Mr Newport said support from the public had been overwhelming.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
'I've had emails and calls from people who were involved over the previous 25 years as well as their children and they all remember it,' he said. 'The exhibitors and the expectations have been established over the years and it's given us a platform to work from.'
The event will be held at Rickinghall Village Hall on Hinderclay Road, from 11am on each day. Visit www.rickinghallcarandbikerally.co.uk