Pop-up success at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week pop-up shop brings local fashion to the city
Local designers and retailers had their very own shop right in the city centre today as Norwich Fashion Week continued to show its support for independent fashion.
The shop was held at The Library Restaurant from midday with stalls from Norwich Fashion Week catwalk designers Marian Williams, Johanne Couldrey and Alison Varley; Norwich based vintage inspired jewellery retailer Eclectic Eccentricity and local jewellery maker Tamarind Designs.
We loved the hemp and alpaca clothing from Johanne Couldrey, the silver and gold jewellery from Alison Varley, the dyed silver birch dress from Marian Williams, the American hand blown glass bracelet from Tamarind Designs and the magnifying glass necklace from Eclectic Eccentricity (in fact I bought it!)
You may also want to watch:
If you missed today's pop-up shop you can still buy some of the designs from Norwich Fashion Week. Ethika on Timberhill stocks the work of designers Alison Varley, Marian Williams and Johanne Couldrey. Tamarind Designs sells its jewellery at Jarrolds and will soon be opening a shop in Aylsham, and jewellery from Eclectic Eccentricity is available to buy at Glory Days on Wensum Street or Cherry Cherry on Lower Goat Lane or online at www.eclecticeccentricity.com
- 1 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 2 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 7 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 8 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years