City centre transformed by pop-up garden
- Credit: Archant
An artificial plant company took over Hay Hill in Norwich today.
Blooming Artificial put on a colourful display in the middle of the city, treating shoppers to an array of bright artificial plants and greenery in the space between Next and Primark.
The pop-up event, coinciding with Norfolk Day, is in the city for one day only and was packed away at 4pm.
Alick Burnett, business development manager at Blooming Artificial, said: 'Our pop-up garden is designed to add some colour and greenery to what is usually a rather dull, grey area of Norwich city centre.
'The area has been filled with wonderful artificial palms, topiary and flowers giving the area a real wow factor for the day.
'People's reactions have been overwhelming positive ranging from people asking to buy the products, amazement that all of the plants are artificial all the way to requests to make it a permanent fixture on Hay Hill.
You may also want to watch:
'Ultimately, we hope that our pop-up garden has brought some colour and joy to Norfolk Day!'
What did you think of the pop-up garden? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?