Polly aiming to be model cook as Come Dine With Me heads to Norwich
Popular telvision programme Come Dine With Me visits Norwich for this week's show.
The show sees four home chefs and complete strangers battle it out for the title of ultimate dinner party host, with a �1,000 prize on offer to add some spice to the proceedings.
The Norwich episode, which airs on Channel 4 on Friday, features ultra-confident Sam Smith, who is positive he has the winning menu and glamour model Polly Guy, who is out to prove that she is more than just a pretty face. The other two contestants are nutritionist Caroline Seamen and bank manager and part-time DJ Richard Pearce.
Miss Guy, from Bergh Apton, south of Norwich, said she was inspired to go on the show to try to change preconceptions of glamour models.
She said: 'It's a programme which has got a cult following and it's on all the time, and I'd always thought that I could do that. You go on hoping that you will get on with the others, have a bit of entertainment and some fun and, of course, there's also a thousand pounds at stake.'
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old said she was under no illusions why she was selected to take part and that she thinks she was chosen as the 'wild card' contestant, but said she hopes she will come across well in the programme. She said: 'I am nervous about seeing it I suppose, because at the end of the day they can cut and edit it how they want to.
'You can be on your best behaviour for 95pc of the time, but it could be the other 5pc they show.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
The show last visited Norwich in 2007 and the episodes were broadcast in 2008. Those who took part in 2008 were city hairdresser David Knights, Wendy Holdsworth and winner Seamus Farrelly, both from Norwich, and Zara Davies, from Cromer.
Come Dine With Me is at 8pm on Friday, August 5, on Channel 4.