Poll: He’s the greatest, he’s fantastic and he’s back... As Danger Mouse returns what else would you like to see brought back?
- Credit: PA
The 1980s cartoon favourite Danger Mouse is making a comeback to TV over 20 years after the series ended - but what else would you like to see return?
The Superhero mouse, who wore an eye patch, and his hamster sidekick Penfold, will make their return on CBBC in 2015.
The show originally ran on ITV from 1981 to 1992 with Danger Mouse voiced by Sir David Jason and Penfold by the late Terry Scott. There has been no confirmation of who will voice the characters on its return.
The original show was created by the Cosgrove Hall animation studio and co-creator Brian Cosgrove of the original show is a consultant on the new 52 episode series being made by Boulder Media and FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment.
'When I helped to create Danger Mouse I had no idea the show would be such a huge success both in the UK and overseas,' said Brian Cosgrove.
You may also want to watch:
'I am delighted that a whole new generation will be introduced to his daring deeds and thrilled to be part of this new 21 century series. I can't wait to find out what he's been up to for the last 23 years.'
It has been confirmed that Danger Mouse and Penfold's HQ will continue to be in a red post box although some changes have been made. Their HQ will now be packed with cutting-edge technology as befitting any modern action mouse.
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 3 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 4 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 5 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 6 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 9 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
And programme-makers say the eye patch will be replaced by an 'i-patch', with multiple state-of-the arts functions but the new look for the character has yet to be unveiled.