Police to target Spixworth rat-runners
Jon WelchDrivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.Jon Welch
Drivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.
Officers from the Sprowston and Spixworth Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be conducting regular high-visibility patrols along Beeston Lane following complaints from local families about drivers using it illegally.
Police are hoping to educate drivers to obey the 'access only' signs before issuing warnings and �30 fixed penalty notices. PCSO Joshua McBride said: 'Beeston Lane is an access-only route for residents and their visitors.
'The lane is a single track with limited passing places and motorists who use it illegally as a short-cut are not only committing an offence, but are also causing annoyance and danger to those who live there.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 3 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 7 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 8 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 9 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 10 Afternoon traffic roundup: Delays on flyover after crash