Police to target Spixworth rat-runners
Jon WelchDrivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.Jon Welch
Drivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.
Officers from the Sprowston and Spixworth Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be conducting regular high-visibility patrols along Beeston Lane following complaints from local families about drivers using it illegally.
Police are hoping to educate drivers to obey the 'access only' signs before issuing warnings and �30 fixed penalty notices. PCSO Joshua McBride said: 'Beeston Lane is an access-only route for residents and their visitors.
'The lane is a single track with limited passing places and motorists who use it illegally as a short-cut are not only committing an offence, but are also causing annoyance and danger to those who live there.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 2 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 3 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 9 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 10 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m shopping centre