Police to target Spixworth rat-runners
Jon WelchDrivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.Jon Welch
Drivers using a road in Spixworth as a cut-through are to be targeted as part of a police crackdown.
Officers from the Sprowston and Spixworth Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be conducting regular high-visibility patrols along Beeston Lane following complaints from local families about drivers using it illegally.
Police are hoping to educate drivers to obey the 'access only' signs before issuing warnings and �30 fixed penalty notices. PCSO Joshua McBride said: 'Beeston Lane is an access-only route for residents and their visitors.
'The lane is a single track with limited passing places and motorists who use it illegally as a short-cut are not only committing an offence, but are also causing annoyance and danger to those who live there.'
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win