Police seize reckless rider's motorbike in Hellesdon
Jon WelchA motorcyclist riding in a reckless manner in an anti-social behaviour hotspot has had his bike seized.Jon Welch
A motorcyclist riding in a reckless manner in an anti-social behaviour hotspot has had his bike seized.
Police officers from the Hellesdon and Horsford safer neighbourhood team (SNT) caught the young biker riding carelessly along Middletons Lane, Hellesdon, as they carried out extra patrols in the area in response to local people's concerns.
Using powers under the Police Reform Act, officers seized the bike for being ridden in an anti-social way in a public area, causing alarm and distress to others.
Only seven days earlier, its rider received a warning for irresponsible riding in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Chris Rolph said: 'Irresponsible riding not only causes a great deal of annoyance to other people, but is also extremely dangerous.
'If riders are seen to ride in a careless manner, they will be stopped and will receive a warning, which lasts for 12 months and if seen to ride in the same manner within this time, they face having their bike seized.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
'Driving dangerously or without consideration to others is a risk not worth taking'.
The rider now faces paying recovery fees and a storage charge to get his machine back.
Police have reassured residents that police will continue to patrol along Middletons Lane and take action where necessary.
If you witness anti-social behaviour call police on 999 in an emergency, or 0845 456 4567 in a non-emergency situation.
For more information about policing in Hellesdon and Horsford visit www.norfolk.police.uk