Student, 20, dies at UEA
- Credit: Archant
The University of East Anglia (UEA) has confirmed a 20-year-old student has died at its campus.
Norfolk police said officers were called to the university shortly before 10am today (October 11) to reports of a sudden death.
A UEA spokesman said the student had died at the university's Kett House accommodation block.
The coroner has been notified and an inquest will be held in due course.
'It is with great sadness that we can confirm the sudden and unexpected death of a 20-year-old male student in one of the residences at UEA,' a university spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The death of any student is a tragedy that we all feel deeply. Our thoughts and condolences are with the student's family and friends.
'Counselling has been offered to students and staff directly affected and we would urge anyone across the university community who feels they need support to contact student support or the students' union.'
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse