Student, 20, dies at UEA
- Credit: Archant
The University of East Anglia (UEA) has confirmed a 20-year-old student has died at its campus.
Norfolk police said officers were called to the university shortly before 10am today (October 11) to reports of a sudden death.
A UEA spokesman said the student had died at the university's Kett House accommodation block.
The coroner has been notified and an inquest will be held in due course.
'It is with great sadness that we can confirm the sudden and unexpected death of a 20-year-old male student in one of the residences at UEA,' a university spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The death of any student is a tragedy that we all feel deeply. Our thoughts and condolences are with the student's family and friends.
'Counselling has been offered to students and staff directly affected and we would urge anyone across the university community who feels they need support to contact student support or the students' union.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city