Police hunt driver after Audi crashes on NDR roundabout
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on for the driver of an Audi after it crashed on a roundabout on the Broadland Northway.
The car was first spotted on the roundabout in the late hours of Monday, January 7.
Police were called at about midnight to a blue Audi A1 that had been found badly damaged on the roundabout on Wroxham Road, Rackheath, near Norwich.
Officers are working to trace the driver who fled the scene. As well as the car, chevron signs and curbing on the road, often better known as the Norwich Northern Distributor Road, have been damaged.
A police spokesman said: 'Police were called shortly before midnight on Monday, January 7 to reports of a badly damaged blue Audi A1 on the roundabout on Wroxham Road in Rackheath.
'Highways have been informed due to chevron signs being damaged. Enquiries are ongoing to trace the driver of the vehicle.'
The vehicle was removed on Wednesday, January 9 with the road reopening at 8.30am.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101.