Police hunt Lowestoft armed robbers
Hayley MaceA cashier was threatened with a gun during one of two raids on petrol stations in Lowestoft at the weekend.Hayley Mace
A cashier was threatened with a gun during one of two raids on petrol stations in Lowestoft at the weekend.
A man used what appeared to be a small handgun to rob the service station in Kirkley Run at about 9.50pm on Sunday.
The man walked into the service station and demanded that the woman behind the counter hand over cash.
Money was taken from the till and the man, described as about 5ft 7ins tall, of medium build, wearing a broad striped hat that was pulled down over his face, then left.
You may also want to watch:
In an earlier robbery, a man took money from the BP Garage in Mill Road, on the roundabout near the Asda supermarket, on Friday.
He entered the petrol station at about 10pm, approached the woman who was working behind the counter and demanded she hand over money.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Norwich road to close for resurfacing and maintenance
- 10 Comedian Rhod Gilbert stops by Norwich Market to pick up NCFC mug
She gave him money and the robber then grabbed the notes and put them into a Tesco carrier bag. He then walked off towards London Road South.
He is described as white, wearing big aviator-style sunglasses, a dark navy mid-thigh length coat with the hood up and dark blue jeans. He was possibly aged in his 20s and was of stocky build with broad shoulders.
A Suffolk police spokesman said no-one was hurt in either of the robberies.
She added: 'We would like to speak to anyone who was in either of these areas around these times. We are particularly keen to trace a customer who was in the Kirkley Run service station minutes before the incident on Sunday night, as he may have information which can help the inquiry.'
Anyone with information about either of the robberies should contact Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.