Police hunt Lowestoft armed robbers
Hayley MaceA cashier was threatened with a gun during one of two raids on petrol stations in Lowestoft at the weekend.Hayley Mace
A cashier was threatened with a gun during one of two raids on petrol stations in Lowestoft at the weekend.
A man used what appeared to be a small handgun to rob the service station in Kirkley Run at about 9.50pm on Sunday.
The man walked into the service station and demanded that the woman behind the counter hand over cash.
Money was taken from the till and the man, described as about 5ft 7ins tall, of medium build, wearing a broad striped hat that was pulled down over his face, then left.
You may also want to watch:
In an earlier robbery, a man took money from the BP Garage in Mill Road, on the roundabout near the Asda supermarket, on Friday.
He entered the petrol station at about 10pm, approached the woman who was working behind the counter and demanded she hand over money.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 6 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
She gave him money and the robber then grabbed the notes and put them into a Tesco carrier bag. He then walked off towards London Road South.
He is described as white, wearing big aviator-style sunglasses, a dark navy mid-thigh length coat with the hood up and dark blue jeans. He was possibly aged in his 20s and was of stocky build with broad shoulders.
A Suffolk police spokesman said no-one was hurt in either of the robberies.
She added: 'We would like to speak to anyone who was in either of these areas around these times. We are particularly keen to trace a customer who was in the Kirkley Run service station minutes before the incident on Sunday night, as he may have information which can help the inquiry.'
Anyone with information about either of the robberies should contact Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.