Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
At least seven police officers are currently on the scene of an incident in Thorpe St Andrew.
Eight police vehicles including a dog unit were on the scene on the corner of Yarmouth Road and Primrose Crescent at 9.30pm on Wednesday, April 14.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) had been called to the scene at 7.50pm and landed on the nearby playing fields.
The helicopter, which flew from Cambridge to attend the incident, had returned to base by 9.30pm, according to FlightRadar24.
There was also one ambulance and one rapid response vehicle at the scene.
Neither the spokesperson for EAAA nor officers at the scene would confirm the nature of the incident.
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 5 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 6 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 7 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 10 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
A police cordon has been put in place outside a house in Primrose Court.
An eyewitness living in the Thorpe area reported seeing 10 to 15 police cars and three to five ambulances go past the area at "high speed".