Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
At least seven police officers are currently on the scene of an incident in Thorpe St Andrew.
Eight police vehicles including a dog unit were on the scene on the corner of Yarmouth Road and Primrose Crescent at 9.30pm on Wednesday, April 14.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) had been called to the scene at 7.50pm and landed on the nearby playing fields.
The helicopter, which flew from Cambridge to attend the incident, had returned to base by 9.30pm, according to FlightRadar24.
There was also one ambulance and one rapid response vehicle at the scene.
Neither the spokesperson for EAAA nor officers at the scene would confirm the nature of the incident.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 4 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 5 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 6 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 7 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 8 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 9 Man left with facial injuries after assault in city
- 10 Neighbours' fears after cannabis farm raided in city
A police cordon has been put in place outside a house in Primrose Court.
An eyewitness living in the Thorpe area reported seeing 10 to 15 police cars and three to five ambulances go past the area at "high speed".