Police arrest after drugs raid
A 50-year-old Gorleston man has been arrested on suspicion of supplying heroin following a police raid.Police arrested the man after officers found heroin at a property in Trinity Avenue as they executed a warrant.
A 50-year-old Gorleston man has been arrested on suspicion of supplying heroin following a police raid.
Police arrested the man after officers found heroin at a property in Trinity Avenue as they executed a warrant.
The man was arrested on the suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, two counts of assaulting a police officer and one count of possessing an offensive weapon.
Officers from safer neighbourhood teams based at Gorleston police station carried out the warrant.
You may also want to watch:
PC Dave Punter, who led the operation, said: 'This was a successful result and demonstrates that illegal drug activity will not be tolerated in the community.
'Our work to identify and take action against offenders will continue and I would urge anyone with information about drug activity within their community to contact police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 10 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
People can be reassured we will act on information passed to us.'
The 50-year-old man has been released on bail until Thursday, June 17.