Pledge from new head of city school
Kate ScotterThe newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.Kate Scotter
The newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.
Following the announcement of the merger of Thorpe House School and Langley School, Simon Marfleet has been appointed as the headmaster of the newly-created Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
Mr Marfleet will take up the role when the two schools complete the merger in September 2010, by which time Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School will be located in the currently occupied by Thorpe House School in Yarmouth Road, Norwich.
He said: 'I am thrilled to have been appointed as the first headmaster of Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
You may also want to watch:
'Both schools have a long and distinguished history, and we want to maintain their traditional values but in a school that is dynamic and forward thinking.
'We have great expectations for the new school and the impressive facilities will allow us to offer outstanding opportunities to our children. I am excited about the prospects for the future, both for those of us who are involved with the two schools at present, and for the children who will join us in the future.'
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich
Born and bred in Norfolk, Mr Marfleet has been headmaster of Langley Preparatory School for eight years.
He taught in Wales and Berkshire before returning to Norfolk in 1996. He was deputy head at Langley Senior School in Loddon and was then appointed headmaster of Langley Preparatory School in September 2002.
An open day will be held on February 3. A second open day is planned for May 8.