Pledge from new head of city school
Kate ScotterThe newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.Kate Scotter
The newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.
Following the announcement of the merger of Thorpe House School and Langley School, Simon Marfleet has been appointed as the headmaster of the newly-created Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
Mr Marfleet will take up the role when the two schools complete the merger in September 2010, by which time Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School will be located in the currently occupied by Thorpe House School in Yarmouth Road, Norwich.
He said: 'I am thrilled to have been appointed as the first headmaster of Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
You may also want to watch:
'Both schools have a long and distinguished history, and we want to maintain their traditional values but in a school that is dynamic and forward thinking.
'We have great expectations for the new school and the impressive facilities will allow us to offer outstanding opportunities to our children. I am excited about the prospects for the future, both for those of us who are involved with the two schools at present, and for the children who will join us in the future.'
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 8 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
Born and bred in Norfolk, Mr Marfleet has been headmaster of Langley Preparatory School for eight years.
He taught in Wales and Berkshire before returning to Norfolk in 1996. He was deputy head at Langley Senior School in Loddon and was then appointed headmaster of Langley Preparatory School in September 2002.
An open day will be held on February 3. A second open day is planned for May 8.