Pledge from new head of city school
Kate ScotterThe newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.Kate Scotter
The newly-appointed head of a new Norwich school formed from the merger of two historic institutions has vowed to maintain traditional values but to develop a dynamic and forward thinking place to educate children.
Following the announcement of the merger of Thorpe House School and Langley School, Simon Marfleet has been appointed as the headmaster of the newly-created Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
Mr Marfleet will take up the role when the two schools complete the merger in September 2010, by which time Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School will be located in the currently occupied by Thorpe House School in Yarmouth Road, Norwich.
He said: 'I am thrilled to have been appointed as the first headmaster of Thorpe House Langley Preparatory School.
You may also want to watch:
'Both schools have a long and distinguished history, and we want to maintain their traditional values but in a school that is dynamic and forward thinking.
'We have great expectations for the new school and the impressive facilities will allow us to offer outstanding opportunities to our children. I am excited about the prospects for the future, both for those of us who are involved with the two schools at present, and for the children who will join us in the future.'
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
Born and bred in Norfolk, Mr Marfleet has been headmaster of Langley Preparatory School for eight years.
He taught in Wales and Berkshire before returning to Norfolk in 1996. He was deputy head at Langley Senior School in Loddon and was then appointed headmaster of Langley Preparatory School in September 2002.
An open day will be held on February 3. A second open day is planned for May 8.