Help bring a smile to the lonely and donate some festive goodies this Christmas
- Credit: JAMES BASS PHOTOGRAPHY
Nearly a million older people will spend Christmas alone this year and so we've teamed up with Age UK to help give those feeling lonely something to look forward to over the festive period.
A collection box has been placed in the reception of the Archant office on Rouen Road in Norwich and we're hoping to collect enough goodies to make presents for 50 elderly or isolated people across Norfolk, who have no one to turn to, to open and enjoy on Christmas Day.
Age UK do a fantastic job year after year and this year we want to contribute to their efforts.
The charity spoke to people aged over 65 and found shocking levels of isolation and loss - around 1.2 million people admitted Christmas feels like an ordinary day that just passes them by.
In turn we're asking our readers to donate anything from a jar of jam to a set of winter accessories and are hoping to pass over these generous gifts to the Age UK office in the week beginning December 3.
You may also want to watch:
We are looking for:
•Mince pies (sealed and in date)
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
•Small jars of jams and pickles
•Small jars of coffee and tea
•Sweets and chocolates
•Gloves or scarves
•Games or crosswords
•Christmas tree decorations
(Please do not donate anything that contains nuts or is homemade)