Village playground trashed twice in one week
- Credit: Archant
A community has reacted with disgust after a children's play area was vandalised for the second time in a week.
The bin was pulled off the fence, the roundabout seat broken, the children's house kicked, the bench pulled up, and fence posts were kicked out at the Manor Road play area in Long Stratton last night.
Town parish clerk Becky Buck said it comes after 'extensive' vandalism to the children's house on February 14. She said: 'If you know who is responsible please call 101 as I have reported the matter to the police and CCTV will be viewed.
'A few small-minded people are destroying facilities for children and your precept is being wasted in repairs. Remain vigilant.'
Parents took to social media to condemn the vandalism, which comes during the February half-term school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Joanna Toll said: 'Our small children that love to have a play after school now can't because of these small-minded people.'
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space