Plans for new Scratby village hall
Stephen PullingerPlans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.Stephen Pullinger
Plans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.
Parish councillors at Ormesby with Scratby Parish Council have had a long-term plan to build a community hub offering a range of rooms and opportunities for villagers.
Under their proposal, an increase in the parish precept, grants and fun-raising efforts would pay for the �450,000 facility.
In a report on the full planning application to the next meeting of the borough council's development control committee, officers says that although the hall would be outside the village development area it would not affect the character of the landscape.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 2 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 6 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen