Plans for new Scratby village hall
Stephen PullingerPlans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.Stephen Pullinger
Plans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.
Parish councillors at Ormesby with Scratby Parish Council have had a long-term plan to build a community hub offering a range of rooms and opportunities for villagers.
Under their proposal, an increase in the parish precept, grants and fun-raising efforts would pay for the �450,000 facility.
In a report on the full planning application to the next meeting of the borough council's development control committee, officers says that although the hall would be outside the village development area it would not affect the character of the landscape.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 6 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 7 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
- 8 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward