Plans for new Scratby village hall
Stephen PullingerPlans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.Stephen Pullinger
Plans for a new village hall in Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, look set to be approved.
Parish councillors at Ormesby with Scratby Parish Council have had a long-term plan to build a community hub offering a range of rooms and opportunities for villagers.
Under their proposal, an increase in the parish precept, grants and fun-raising efforts would pay for the �450,000 facility.
In a report on the full planning application to the next meeting of the borough council's development control committee, officers says that although the hall would be outside the village development area it would not affect the character of the landscape.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners