Plans for 300 homes in Norfolk town
Emily DennisA developer has unveiled plans to build hundreds of homes in a Norfolk town.Emily Dennis
A developer has unveiled plans to build hundreds of homes in a Norfolk town.
Phillip Jeans Homes Ltd is holding a public exhibition on their plans for around 300 homes on land alongside the recently approved medical centre at George Lane in Loddon, within what is described as a 'carefully landscaped sustainable community'.
No planning application has been submitted at this stage, but the Loddon-based developer says it is keen to actively engage the local community on its initial plans.
Consultants say the exhibition will be an opportunity for local people to see drafts for the site, talk to experts working on the scheme, and leave their feedback.
They add that this will help to ensure that the proposals will be designed to fit in with the existing community.
A spokesman for Loddon Parish Council yesterday said that it was too early to comment on the plans.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess
- 7 Can you spot yourself at the Ball & Boe gig at Earlham Park?
- 8 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
The exhibition will be held at Hobart High School, Kittens Lane, Loddon, on Friday, February 26 between 5pm and 8pm, and on Saturday, February 27 between 10am and 4pm.
If local people want to have their say but are unable to go to the exhibition they can contact Meeting Place Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 422243 and have information sent to them.
Are you looking for a new home? Make sure you get the Evening News on Tuesdays and Thursdays for our Homes 24 section and visit the website at www.homes24.co.uk