Plan B to headline Thetford Forest
Rapper turned chart-topping soul singer Plan B is to headline one of the open air summer concerts at Thetford Forest next summer.
Plan B - aka Ben Drew - is a singer-songwriter, rapper, actor and film director who came to prominence with the 2006 release of the critically acclaimed hip hop album Who Needs Actions When You Got Words.
His next project, the soul-influenced The Defamation of Strickland Banks, took listeners on a journey of a man who finds success hard to handle and then hits rock bottom.
Released in 2010, the album went on to become the fifth biggest seller of the year and continued a chart presence through 2011. Featuring crafted hit singles like Stay Too Long, Prayin and The Recluse, awards have abounded for artist and album alike including Brit Award for Best British Male and a trio of Ivor Novellos, including Songwriter of the Year; Album of The Year and Most Performed Work.
He will headline the High Lodge concert at Thetford FOrest on June 15, th4e first of seven Forestry Commision woodland concert dates around the country next summer.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting, Plan B said, 'It's going to be a real adventure taking the Plan B show into the woods. I'm really up for this and hope to see you there'.
Tickets for the date, priced �32 (subject to booking fee, will go on sale at 9am on December 9 via the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or online at: www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 7 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores