New pizzeria could open on busy Norwich road
- Credit: Colin Finch
A new pizzeria could open on a busy road in Norwich, replacing a café and garden centre.
Dritan Duraj hopes to open the restaurant on 136 Dereham Road, in place of the former Garden Shed and Café, which, as well as hot drinks and food, sold plants and garden goods.
He has lodged a bid with Norwich City Council for a premises licence for the venture, which will be housed in the former church.
Mr Duraj, whose brother runs Paolo's Italian restaurant in the city centre, said the café no longer worked as a business and that it was time to try something new.
He said - if his application was approved - he hoped to open over the next couple of months.
You may also want to watch:
The licensing bid says the new eatery would be a "pizzeria restaurant serving alcohol", with outside seating in the summer.
The building, which was once a car sales business, has been the subject of planning applications in the past, with the city council granting permission, which has since expired, for it to become eight flats and a creche in 2008.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours