New pictures show precarious situation of Hemsby homes
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Several homes at Hemsby are on the brink of collapsing over a cliff edge - as these pictures reveal.
A number of structures have already collapsed over the edge including a shed, tank and wooden fence.
The coastline in the village was battered by fierce waves and high winds on Saturday causing widespread erosion.
Residents living in properties on the sea side of The Marrams in Hemsby were evacuated and are staying in alternative homes or hotels.
The pictures show the significant damage caused to the coast and in some cases homes are literally on the edge of the cliff.
You may also want to watch:
At one house the erosion has already started to undercut the property.
Police cordons are in place along the seafront and members of the public have been warned to stay away from the area.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
The next high tide is due at around 9pm this evening.