Picture gallery: Norwich school’s pupils shows they’ve got the X Factor
Residents around Sewell Park College this week may have thought Simon Cowell's X Factor had come to Norwich, with a full car park and the songs coming from the college buildings – but they'd have been mistaken.
It was Sewell Park's yearly talent show, and what talented pupils they had on stage, with a range of songs being belted out from modern hits to musicals and classic numbers.
The solo acts and groups performed with backing dancers, lighting and effects, putting on a show of which Mr Cowell himself would have been proud.
Along with singing acts there was also entertainment from comedians, magicians and dance groups and a Village People tribute act.
The show was compered by Danny and Jordan Chenery, keeping the crowd entertained with endless one liners throughout the night.
You may also want to watch:
Judging was carried out by former pupils, including this year's Miss Norwich 2011 Amy Spinks – who voted Nathan Baverstock the overall winner after he belted out a rendition of Angel of Mercy by Dire Straits.
Kayleigh Clark came in second and Jess Knowles and Ceanna were third.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
Well-deserved applause was given to all the acts by the audience in the packed venue and joining them was newly appointed headteacher Gavin Bellamy, who was extremely proud at his host of talented students on stage and the rousing appreciation of the audience around him and his guests.
The night finished with a serenade from the winner to Miss Norwich.
She has asked Nathan to guest in her charity show.
Is your school organising a show? Call Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org