Picture gallery: Norwich school’s pupils shows they’ve got the X Factor
Residents around Sewell Park College this week may have thought Simon Cowell's X Factor had come to Norwich, with a full car park and the songs coming from the college buildings – but they'd have been mistaken.
It was Sewell Park's yearly talent show, and what talented pupils they had on stage, with a range of songs being belted out from modern hits to musicals and classic numbers.
The solo acts and groups performed with backing dancers, lighting and effects, putting on a show of which Mr Cowell himself would have been proud.
Along with singing acts there was also entertainment from comedians, magicians and dance groups and a Village People tribute act.
The show was compered by Danny and Jordan Chenery, keeping the crowd entertained with endless one liners throughout the night.
You may also want to watch:
Judging was carried out by former pupils, including this year's Miss Norwich 2011 Amy Spinks – who voted Nathan Baverstock the overall winner after he belted out a rendition of Angel of Mercy by Dire Straits.
Kayleigh Clark came in second and Jess Knowles and Ceanna were third.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 7 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
Well-deserved applause was given to all the acts by the audience in the packed venue and joining them was newly appointed headteacher Gavin Bellamy, who was extremely proud at his host of talented students on stage and the rousing appreciation of the audience around him and his guests.
The night finished with a serenade from the winner to Miss Norwich.
She has asked Nathan to guest in her charity show.
Is your school organising a show? Call Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org