PICTURE GALLERY: Norwich independent shops show off the hottest new looks
Norwich Fashion Week launched to a spectacular display last night with the Independent Retailers Show. So what were the trends. BY EMMA HARROWING.
A dance routine set to heart-thumping music has become a traditional part of the launch night of Norwich Fashion Week. The Independent Retailer Show which kicked off the third Norwich Fashion Week was no exception.
Stephen Knights and his Knightshift Dance Company from Norwich set the room alight with a three minute high energy routine which launched the week long celebration of fashion with a bang.
Then came the models; chosen after a month of gruelling castings to represent the week that is fashion. Some had not modelled on the catwalk before but thanks to Stephen Knights and Vanilla stylist Louise Lace the models represented the independent retailers well and were adorned in the new spring and summer collections that set the audience's pulses racing.
Florals, lace, pastels, bright colours, a nod to the 90s and the preppy look were some of the trends that dominated the catwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Hair by the team at The Gallery Haircutters saw women with piled up hair – a modern take on the beehive that was seen on the London catwalks, which is tipped to take over last Norwich Fashion Week's bun in the hairstyle stakes. Scandinavian style plaits and 50s inspired waves were also looks on the catwalk.
For men curly styles and the quiff ruled – the perfect style for preppy styles and street style cool.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Make-up by the MAC team at Jarrold brought a combination of bright eyes and nude lips, or vice-versa to the runway.
Here are some of the trends from the Independent Retailers Show, supported by City College Norwich.
See some of the pictures from the show by clicking on the Photo Gallery link at the top right of this page. More pictures and more information about the trends on show can be seen in today's paper (Friday March 9).
Your Evening News will be bringing you all the news from the shows and events at Norwich Fashion Week 2012. Don't miss tomorrow's paper for highlights from tonight's Norwich Lanes Fashion Night Out.