Picture Gallery: Loddon Players perform panto ‘Mother Goose’
Loddon's annual village pantomime has been another success this year with people coming from far and wide to enjoy the delights of Mother Goose.
Written by the Rev Joan Evans, who has written almost 25 productions for Loddon, the panto has helped raise money for charities in the area.
Maureen Larkin from the village has taken part in the panto since 1977.
She said: 'Over the years we've raised about �60,000 to help charity.'
It was Loddon Players' 35th pantomime and this year introduced new musical accompaniment Alan Cant, who was joined by Beryl Carver and was directed by Jackie Bingham and Anthony Bunting.
You may also want to watch:
Funky Feet Dance and Performing Arts provided the chorus. The main performances took place on January 27, 28 and 29 and the cast also performed a total of 15 productions for audiences from around the county.
Mrs Larkin said: 'We had a really strong cast this year.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
'So many people in our community look forward to coming. We get lots of surrounding areas come to watch too. It is a real community venture.'
On Sunday, January 30, the Players held their 'Pantomime Songs of Praise' in St John's Chapel, adjacent to the Lecture Hall where the pantomime performances took place.
The congregation enjoyed songs, readings, poems and hymns presented by the pantomime performers.
Mrs Larkin added: 'The Players are grateful to everyone who attended the pantomime and the Songs of Praise. They are glad that they have been able to make so many people happy in these days of uncertainty over the future credit crunch.'
See the top of the page for more photos of the cast in action in our picture gallery.
Are you part of a drama group staging a production? Email Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.