Picture Gallery: Loddon Players perform panto ‘Mother Goose’
Loddon's annual village pantomime has been another success this year with people coming from far and wide to enjoy the delights of Mother Goose.
Written by the Rev Joan Evans, who has written almost 25 productions for Loddon, the panto has helped raise money for charities in the area.
Maureen Larkin from the village has taken part in the panto since 1977.
She said: 'Over the years we've raised about �60,000 to help charity.'
It was Loddon Players' 35th pantomime and this year introduced new musical accompaniment Alan Cant, who was joined by Beryl Carver and was directed by Jackie Bingham and Anthony Bunting.
Funky Feet Dance and Performing Arts provided the chorus. The main performances took place on January 27, 28 and 29 and the cast also performed a total of 15 productions for audiences from around the county.
Mrs Larkin said: 'We had a really strong cast this year.
- 1 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 2 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 5 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 6 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 7 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours due to technical issue
- 8 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 9 Mother heartbroken to find her child's grave in "unacceptable state"
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
'So many people in our community look forward to coming. We get lots of surrounding areas come to watch too. It is a real community venture.'
On Sunday, January 30, the Players held their 'Pantomime Songs of Praise' in St John's Chapel, adjacent to the Lecture Hall where the pantomime performances took place.
The congregation enjoyed songs, readings, poems and hymns presented by the pantomime performers.
Mrs Larkin added: 'The Players are grateful to everyone who attended the pantomime and the Songs of Praise. They are glad that they have been able to make so many people happy in these days of uncertainty over the future credit crunch.'
See the top of the page for more photos of the cast in action in our picture gallery.
Are you part of a drama group staging a production? Email Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.