Picture gallery: Catton dance group hold presentation afternoon
Students from the Catton-based Stars Dance Academy performed in front of 400 people in Gorleston as part of their annual presentation afternoon.
The dancers, aged from seven upwards, travelled to the Pavilion Theatre where their hard work over the past year was recognised.
All were awarded a standard of highly commended or above, with some receiving distinctions – the highest level possible in the examinations.
Before the presentation ceremony, the dancers performed a collection of their exam work alongside new routines.
Students of all ages danced with styles including a Charleston-style tap routine, as well as freestyle, dance, ballet, street and hip-hop.
You may also want to watch:
The presentation ceremony followed with every dancer presented with their certificates and awards.
Special trophies were also awarded for each category, with Pauline Ellis winning tap, Alice Caton chosen for musical theatre, Bethany Reynolds claiming freestyle and Amy Norgate winning for ballet.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
Kate Roome was awarded for outstanding performance in street dance.
Stars Dance Academy principal Lisa Rowe said: 'Stars would not be where it is today without our pupils and the support their families give.
'We love all our girls and boys from our little-uns through to our adults.
'We've filled this fantastic venue to the brim with people wanting to support them and us in all our work. It just shows the amount of effort put in by our fantastic teachers and co-director Carly Fryman, along with June Wright's ballet class, and we thank each and every one of them for their support.'
Stars Musical Theatre class also performed One Short Day from Wicked The Musical, arranged by musical director Charlie Caine.
For more information about the class contact Lisa Rowe on 07747793858.
Is your club holding a special event? Contact Local Life editor Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email email@example.com