Photo Gallery: Thousands enjoy Norfolk Spring Garden Show 2011
Thousands of gardening enthusiasts turned up this weekend to get their fingers green at the fifth annual Norfolk Spring Garden Show.
Held at the Norfolk Showground, off Dereham Road, New Costessey, crowds were all smiles as they were greeted with people dressed up as flowers and the sounds of a harpist.
Dubbed by the organisers as 'the biggest Norfolk Spring Garden Show yet', there was plenty for people to do and see.
Stall owners Ashleigh Garside and Will Waganeer of their travelling business 'Bulb Garden', were on hand to help people, advising them on their bulb choices.
Miss Garside explained why they were at the show and said: 'It's been very busy here and we've been happy to help. We're here to inspire people with their gardening in Norwich and Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
The event, which was organised by the Aztec Garden Show, embraced the great outdoors with a 'how to' expert zone, a garden and home marquee, artistic show gardens, a flower show and hundreds of stalls.
Local tradesmen and specialists were also offering people advice on undertaking a gardening project.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
There was also a shopping village which allowed people to browse and purchase seasonal plants and shrubs, outdoor furniture and ornaments, tools and gifts.
The well known Festival of Food event also returned, displaying local and national produce.
Making the most of the sunny weather, couple Stephen and Carole Carter, explained what it is about the event that keeps them coming every year.
'It is lovely and this is the busiest I have ever seen it. The show is nice for people who want to get out into the garden and it is also a great way to encourage children to get involved in outdoor activity,' said Mrs Carter.
'This will be our third year now,' Mr Carter added.
The Norfolk Spring Garden Show was held from Friday and ended today.
The event will be followed up with the Norfolk Summer Garden Show which will be held on August 19 to 21 this year.
For more information visit www.aztecevents.co.uk or call 01603 731971.
Are you putting on a big event in Norwich? Contact Evening News reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com