Photo gallery: The Wild Man pub in Norwich city centre reopens today after �200,000 investment
One of Norwich's oldest city centre pubs reopened today after a �200,000 investment.
The Wild Man in Bedford Street, which dates back to the 18th century, has been closed for two months while extensive refurbishment work was carried out to update all areas.
The new pub will feature different acts most nights of the week, with acoustic singers and open-mic nights during the week and a resident DJ playing music from different eras on Fridays.
At the weekend there will be live bands on Saturday and Covent Garden Sundays, which will see a total mix of entertainers.
The first band to play at the venue will be Norwich band, the Planks, from 8pm tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Inside, the pub has been completely transformed with new audiovisual equipment and the back bar has been opened up to create a new larger bar. The pub has also been redecorated with new wallpaper, tiled flooring, and furniture.
The joint investment by Stella Inns Ltd and owners Punch Taverns means the Wild Man will now be serving food during the day, with a new menu, and it will serve barista-style coffees as well as six cask ales.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
See the Evening News tomorrow for more information about the new-look Wild Man.