Photo gallery: Norwich University of the Arts Gala Fashion Show 2014
See the pictures from the second graduate fashion show from the Norwich University of the Arts.
Luxury sportswear, menswear inspired by the workwear of miners and fishermen in the late 1800s and early 1900s and womenswear influenced by the opulence of Imperial Russia, were just some of the fashion designs that took to the catwalk for the Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) Fashion Gala Show.
The show, held at OPEN in Norwich for the second year, showcases the work from final year fashion degree students, 14 of which will go on to be selected for the London Graduate Fashion Week catwalk in June.
Sue Chowles, BA Fashion course leader at the NUA said: 'The show is a highly professional catwalk showcase for our students and is the final preparation for them to enter the fashion industry.
'The standard of work this year is outstanding, with some beautifully refined collections that show exceptional levels of innovation and creativity.'
You may also want to watch:
Two awards are presented to two of the most outstanding students each year. For 2014 the Creative Cut award, sponsored by The Gallery Haircutters, who created the hairstyles for the show, went to Nicolas Marcs. The Fashion Student of the Year Award, sponsored by Howes Percival, went to Chloe Fuller, as one of her outfits was selected as one of the 12 best submissions from fashion students across the country to star in the Graduate Fashion Week previews in London.
Ms Chowles adds: 'We are very proud of the quality of work and very excited about the futures of all these students within the fashion and creative industries.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later