Photo Gallery: Norwich Sea Cadets meet special guests at a Royal Naval Parade evening
It was all hands on deck before the TS Lord Nelson unit of the Norwich Sea Cadets held its Royal Naval Parade.
Plenty of hard work went into making everything ship-shape at their Riverside headquarters on Tuesday evening before their official inspection.
Carried out by Commander Stuart Watt RN, deputy area officer of the Eastern Area Sea Cadet Corps, the unit is waiting to find out if it kept up last year's high standard of a Burgee – a 'very good' standard or better.
The Lord Mayor of Norwich, Judith Lubbock, and the Sheriff of Norwich, William Armstrong, were guests of honour at the event, which included a boating display.
Alan Golder, whose son is a cadet in the unit, said: 'It was a brilliant turnout on Tuesday. The ship was heaving with people and the parents were all there to support their children.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the unit, which celebrated its centenary in 2012, had come a long way in the last few years - from struggling to get members to having a new Royal Marines detachment.
But as a registered charity made up of volunteers, it needs financial help. 'We really need a sponsor or a donation,' said Mr Golder. 'We are prepared to put advertising boards in our boating garden or on the ship itself.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Any individuals or businesses interested in sponsoring the unit or making a donation should email Mr Golder at email@example.com