Photo Gallery: Norwich Sea Cadets meet special guests at a Royal Naval Parade evening
It was all hands on deck before the TS Lord Nelson unit of the Norwich Sea Cadets held its Royal Naval Parade.
Plenty of hard work went into making everything ship-shape at their Riverside headquarters on Tuesday evening before their official inspection.
Carried out by Commander Stuart Watt RN, deputy area officer of the Eastern Area Sea Cadet Corps, the unit is waiting to find out if it kept up last year's high standard of a Burgee – a 'very good' standard or better.
The Lord Mayor of Norwich, Judith Lubbock, and the Sheriff of Norwich, William Armstrong, were guests of honour at the event, which included a boating display.
Alan Golder, whose son is a cadet in the unit, said: 'It was a brilliant turnout on Tuesday. The ship was heaving with people and the parents were all there to support their children.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the unit, which celebrated its centenary in 2012, had come a long way in the last few years - from struggling to get members to having a new Royal Marines detachment.
But as a registered charity made up of volunteers, it needs financial help. 'We really need a sponsor or a donation,' said Mr Golder. 'We are prepared to put advertising boards in our boating garden or on the ship itself.'
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
Any individuals or businesses interested in sponsoring the unit or making a donation should email Mr Golder at email@example.com