Photo gallery: London Fashion Week trend report - summer 2013
With many fashion shops already thinking about spring and summer collections, Emma Harrowing spent two days at London Fashion Week to get a sneak peek at some of the trends we will be wearing next summer.
It is easy to dismiss fashion as a fluffy fad for image-conscious women. Many forget fashion is a business. In fact, designer fashion is reported to bring in �450m a year to the British economy, a figure not to be taken lightly, especially considering the current economic climate.
If presented correctly, fashion can get the pulse racing, the heart beating that little bit faster and yes it does loosen purse strings when people see new colours and styles in new collections.
Here in Norwich and Norfolk we have some amazing fashion, jewellery and accessory designers and makers and up-and-coming fashion designers from City College Norwich and the Norwich University of the Arts. The latter will be producing the first fashion degree graduates next year. We also have independent fashion boutiques and big high street names and brands that bring diversity to our city and towns. These, combined, give us something worth shouting about.
And shout about it we will as the fourth Norwich Fashion Week will take place between March 7 and March 14 next year and I for one cannot wait.
I've been so excited that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend two days at London Fashion Week earlier this month to see what the trends for next Spring and Summer will be.
These trends could be coming to Norwich Fashion Week in March and it is always worth a sneaky peek into the future, especially as some trends last more than one season so you could get an insight into what you should invest in this autumn. Despite only going to three catwalk shows – plus watching the Topshop Unique show via live stream online, Somerset House in London also provided the opportunity to take a sneak peak at next season's collections from some of Britain's and the world's top fashion designers.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 8 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 9 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 10 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
Click on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page to see some of the trends on the catwalk at London Fashion Week that could come to Norwich Fashion Week March 7 -14 2013.