Photo gallery: London Fashion Week trend report - summer 2013
With many fashion shops already thinking about spring and summer collections, Emma Harrowing spent two days at London Fashion Week to get a sneak peek at some of the trends we will be wearing next summer.
It is easy to dismiss fashion as a fluffy fad for image-conscious women. Many forget fashion is a business. In fact, designer fashion is reported to bring in �450m a year to the British economy, a figure not to be taken lightly, especially considering the current economic climate.
If presented correctly, fashion can get the pulse racing, the heart beating that little bit faster and yes it does loosen purse strings when people see new colours and styles in new collections.
Here in Norwich and Norfolk we have some amazing fashion, jewellery and accessory designers and makers and up-and-coming fashion designers from City College Norwich and the Norwich University of the Arts. The latter will be producing the first fashion degree graduates next year. We also have independent fashion boutiques and big high street names and brands that bring diversity to our city and towns. These, combined, give us something worth shouting about.
And shout about it we will as the fourth Norwich Fashion Week will take place between March 7 and March 14 next year and I for one cannot wait.
You may also want to watch:
I've been so excited that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend two days at London Fashion Week earlier this month to see what the trends for next Spring and Summer will be.
These trends could be coming to Norwich Fashion Week in March and it is always worth a sneaky peek into the future, especially as some trends last more than one season so you could get an insight into what you should invest in this autumn. Despite only going to three catwalk shows – plus watching the Topshop Unique show via live stream online, Somerset House in London also provided the opportunity to take a sneak peak at next season's collections from some of Britain's and the world's top fashion designers.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Click on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page to see some of the trends on the catwalk at London Fashion Week that could come to Norwich Fashion Week March 7 -14 2013.