Photo gallery: Christmas lights up Castle Mall in Norwich
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Real-life reindeer brought some authentic Christmas cheer to the official launch of the festive lights at a city centre shopping mall.
The lights at Castle Mall were greeted by crowds of children and parents who thronged the centre from 3.30pm right through to 8pm yesterday.
As well as Father Christmas's favourite animals, the event included Mike the Knight making personal appearances, Christmas workshops, face painting, balloon animals, and Santa's magical grotto.
The decorations throughout the centre included stars and tempting presents dangling from the ceiling, as well as reindeer decorated with festive blue lights.
Arron Thompson, eight, from Sprowston Road, Norwich, enjoyed the fun with his friend Alfie Potter.
You may also want to watch:
Arron enjoyed painting a wooden penguin decoration in blue and green, with a glittering star.
He said he had enjoyed meeting the live reindeer, although they were not eating carrots.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
Rhianna Dashwood, five, from Sprowston, said: 'I like the lights. They are pretty.'
The event saw long queues for the grotto, as well as a giant snow globe complete with a sleigh being pulled by a reindeer, late into the evening.
Emma King, of Daisy Entertainment, a Norwich-based, family-run, business, helped children create their own decorations.
She said: 'It has been fantastic. I think the kids have loved it.
'We have been making Christmas door hangers and wooden decorations. The parents are particularly happy because they can be used year after year.
'Everybody has loved the lights. A lot of parents have said it was a very relaxed event. The kids have had a very good time.'
What do you think? Write (giving your full contact details) to: The Letters Editor, Norwich Evening News, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE or email firstname.lastname@example.org