Photo gallery: Alan Partridge Cromer filming update
- Credit: Archant
Fans of the fictional radio and television presenter Alan Partridge braved the cold today to catch a glimpse of him on Cromer Pier.
Filming of the long-awaited Alan Partridge movie started yesterday and will finish in Cromer tomorrow.
The 140-strong cast and crew are due to continue filming in Sheringham town centre on Wednesday and Norwich Market Place on Thursday and Friday.
Some Norfolk residents have been used as extras, as well as extras from London who mainly play policemen.
A Radio Norwich van outside the Hotel de Paris was flanked by emergency vehicles - all part of the props for the film.
Producer Kevin Loader said the Sheringham and Cromer scenes involved a police pursuit of Alan Partridge, played by Steve Coogan.
He said so far filming was going well and the star of the movie was 'thrilled' about its progress.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 6 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 7 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
One lifelong Partridge fan, Stu Power, 39, from Holt, said he had seen Mr Coogan on the pier this morning wearing a cream jacket.
The cast and crew are believed to be staying in hotels along the promenade, including the Hotel de Paris.
For a full story, read tomorrow's Evening News.