Photo gallery: Alan Partridge Cromer filming update
- Credit: Archant
Fans of the fictional radio and television presenter Alan Partridge braved the cold today to catch a glimpse of him on Cromer Pier.
Filming of the long-awaited Alan Partridge movie started yesterday and will finish in Cromer tomorrow.
The 140-strong cast and crew are due to continue filming in Sheringham town centre on Wednesday and Norwich Market Place on Thursday and Friday.
Some Norfolk residents have been used as extras, as well as extras from London who mainly play policemen.
A Radio Norwich van outside the Hotel de Paris was flanked by emergency vehicles - all part of the props for the film.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Kevin Loader said the Sheringham and Cromer scenes involved a police pursuit of Alan Partridge, played by Steve Coogan.
He said so far filming was going well and the star of the movie was 'thrilled' about its progress.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
One lifelong Partridge fan, Stu Power, 39, from Holt, said he had seen Mr Coogan on the pier this morning wearing a cream jacket.
The cast and crew are believed to be staying in hotels along the promenade, including the Hotel de Paris.
For a full story, read tomorrow's Evening News.