Photo gallery: Alan Partridge Cromer filming update
- Credit: Archant
Fans of the fictional radio and television presenter Alan Partridge braved the cold today to catch a glimpse of him on Cromer Pier.
Filming of the long-awaited Alan Partridge movie started yesterday and will finish in Cromer tomorrow.
The 140-strong cast and crew are due to continue filming in Sheringham town centre on Wednesday and Norwich Market Place on Thursday and Friday.
Some Norfolk residents have been used as extras, as well as extras from London who mainly play policemen.
A Radio Norwich van outside the Hotel de Paris was flanked by emergency vehicles - all part of the props for the film.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Kevin Loader said the Sheringham and Cromer scenes involved a police pursuit of Alan Partridge, played by Steve Coogan.
He said so far filming was going well and the star of the movie was 'thrilled' about its progress.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 5 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
One lifelong Partridge fan, Stu Power, 39, from Holt, said he had seen Mr Coogan on the pier this morning wearing a cream jacket.
The cast and crew are believed to be staying in hotels along the promenade, including the Hotel de Paris.
For a full story, read tomorrow's Evening News.