Phil Spencer is heading to Norwich on the Smarter Britain tour
- Credit: Getty Images
TV's Phil Spencer is coming to Castle Mall on July 26 as part of a nationwide campaign to inspire Brits to upgrade to a smart meter.
The Location, Location, Location star is heading up the tour with fellow presenter Kirstie Allsopp and comedian Susan Calman, but only he will appear in Norwich next week.
The celebrities are working with Smart Energy to spread awareness of the benefits of a smart meter, which Smart Energy claim can save the nation up to £560 million a year – as well as contributing to 'a cleaner, greener, smarter future'.
Speaking about his involvement with the project, Phil Spencer said:
'I've seen my fair share of exquisite 19th century properties over the years but I don't think having technology from that era in our homes is a great idea these days.
You may also want to watch:
'Choosing a smart meter over your current analogue one can save time, energy and money so my message to the public on this tour will be to take a step closer to a home that does the hard work for you.'
The event starts at 1pm.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 6 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 7 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults