Phil Spencer is heading to Norwich on the Smarter Britain tour
- Credit: Getty Images
TV's Phil Spencer is coming to Castle Mall on July 26 as part of a nationwide campaign to inspire Brits to upgrade to a smart meter.
The Location, Location, Location star is heading up the tour with fellow presenter Kirstie Allsopp and comedian Susan Calman, but only he will appear in Norwich next week.
The celebrities are working with Smart Energy to spread awareness of the benefits of a smart meter, which Smart Energy claim can save the nation up to £560 million a year – as well as contributing to 'a cleaner, greener, smarter future'.
Speaking about his involvement with the project, Phil Spencer said:
'I've seen my fair share of exquisite 19th century properties over the years but I don't think having technology from that era in our homes is a great idea these days.
You may also want to watch:
'Choosing a smart meter over your current analogue one can save time, energy and money so my message to the public on this tour will be to take a step closer to a home that does the hard work for you.'
The event starts at 1pm.
- 1 NCFC transfer rumours: Canaries make approach to re-sign Skipp
- 2 Almost £2m spent on homes and land blighted by NDR Western Link
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 'It wasn't the best fit' - Aarons on the January bid that City turned down
- 5 Pictures show huge yacht navigating Norfolk roads
- 6 Covid roadmap: What can you do from today?
- 7 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 8 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 9 Lord Mayor's Celebration 2021 cancelled
- 10 No trace of Covid-19 in more than half of Norfolk and Waveney