Phil Spencer is heading to Norwich on the Smarter Britain tour
- Credit: Getty Images
TV's Phil Spencer is coming to Castle Mall on July 26 as part of a nationwide campaign to inspire Brits to upgrade to a smart meter.
The Location, Location, Location star is heading up the tour with fellow presenter Kirstie Allsopp and comedian Susan Calman, but only he will appear in Norwich next week.
The celebrities are working with Smart Energy to spread awareness of the benefits of a smart meter, which Smart Energy claim can save the nation up to £560 million a year – as well as contributing to 'a cleaner, greener, smarter future'.
Speaking about his involvement with the project, Phil Spencer said:
'I've seen my fair share of exquisite 19th century properties over the years but I don't think having technology from that era in our homes is a great idea these days.
You may also want to watch:
'Choosing a smart meter over your current analogue one can save time, energy and money so my message to the public on this tour will be to take a step closer to a home that does the hard work for you.'
The event starts at 1pm.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts