Phil Spencer is heading to Norwich on the Smarter Britain tour
- Credit: Getty Images
TV's Phil Spencer is coming to Castle Mall on July 26 as part of a nationwide campaign to inspire Brits to upgrade to a smart meter.
The Location, Location, Location star is heading up the tour with fellow presenter Kirstie Allsopp and comedian Susan Calman, but only he will appear in Norwich next week.
The celebrities are working with Smart Energy to spread awareness of the benefits of a smart meter, which Smart Energy claim can save the nation up to £560 million a year – as well as contributing to 'a cleaner, greener, smarter future'.
Speaking about his involvement with the project, Phil Spencer said:
'I've seen my fair share of exquisite 19th century properties over the years but I don't think having technology from that era in our homes is a great idea these days.
You may also want to watch:
'Choosing a smart meter over your current analogue one can save time, energy and money so my message to the public on this tour will be to take a step closer to a home that does the hard work for you.'
The event starts at 1pm.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?