People urged to use new Wymondham community space
Adam GrettonCommunity groups and businesses in Wymondham are being urged to take advantage of a new meeting space, which has not yet been built.Adam Gretton
Community groups and businesses in Wymondham are being urged to take advantage of a new meeting space, which has not yet been built.
Town council plans for a new sports pavilion at Kett's Park, for the benefit of junior football teams and the tennis club, were approved last year by South Norfolk Councillors.
Officials from Wymondham Town United youth football club are now looking to hear from groups interested in using the meeting space at the building in Harts Farm Road.
Work on the pavilion is set to begin in the summer, which will create new changing rooms, a social room and kitchen facilities, near to the Kett's Park Community and Recreation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan White, secretary of the youth football club, which has 14 teams and 250 members between 5 and 16 years, said the interest from community groups would help with a funding bid to the Football Foundation.
'There is not enough meeting space in Wymondham and the gallery viewing area will be able to accommodate up to 60 people on a regular or ad hoc basis to hire at very reasonable costs,' he said.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 6 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 7 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
Mr White added he was hopeful that the sports teams would be using the new facilities by the end of the year, which will replace a portable building.
Groups can contact him by writing to Cedar House, North Road, Bunwell, NR16 1RB, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.