People urged to book their places for Norfolk talent show
Peter WalshPeople are being urged to book their places in the audience for the final stages of Norfolk's answer to Britain's Got Talent.Peter Walsh
People are being urged to book their places in the audience for the final stages of Norfolk's answer to Britain's Got Talent.
As previously reported the very first Norfolk's Got Talent competition was launched back in March with the aim of unearthing the very best of home-grown talent, giving them the chance to shine on the stage.
The competition, which is being backed by the Evening News, received more than 70 entries ranging from singers to dance acts, and comedians to magicians, but in the end just 32 made the final cut.
Those acts will now go forward to a series of heats to be held at The Talk in Norwich next month where they will go head to head for the right to win a place in the through to the final in July - and a chance of the �500 first prize.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Ringer, who runs Norwich-based events and performance company Mixed Voice with Josh Lincoln and Rick Greer, has helped organise the contest and has urged members of the public to see for themselves what Norfolk has to offer.
The heats will be held at the Talk in Norwich on June 9, 16, 23, and 30 with the best two from each round going through to the final on Sunday, July 4.
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 3 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
- 9 City road to be closed for three nights
- 10 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
For audience tickets for the heats costing �4 or the final priced �8 call the box office on 01603 660220.
Have your talents won you national acclaim Call reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email email@example.com