People urged to book their places for Norfolk talent show
Peter WalshPeople are being urged to book their places in the audience for the final stages of Norfolk's answer to Britain's Got Talent.Peter Walsh
People are being urged to book their places in the audience for the final stages of Norfolk's answer to Britain's Got Talent.
As previously reported the very first Norfolk's Got Talent competition was launched back in March with the aim of unearthing the very best of home-grown talent, giving them the chance to shine on the stage.
The competition, which is being backed by the Evening News, received more than 70 entries ranging from singers to dance acts, and comedians to magicians, but in the end just 32 made the final cut.
Those acts will now go forward to a series of heats to be held at The Talk in Norwich next month where they will go head to head for the right to win a place in the through to the final in July - and a chance of the �500 first prize.
Joe Ringer, who runs Norwich-based events and performance company Mixed Voice with Josh Lincoln and Rick Greer, has helped organise the contest and has urged members of the public to see for themselves what Norfolk has to offer.
The heats will be held at the Talk in Norwich on June 9, 16, 23, and 30 with the best two from each round going through to the final on Sunday, July 4.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 4 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 5 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 6 Watch: A handful of protesters gather as City thumped on last day of season
- 7 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 8 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
For audience tickets for the heats costing �4 or the final priced �8 call the box office on 01603 660220.
Have your talents won you national acclaim Call reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org