People trapped during Yarmouth blaze
Stephen PullingerPeople were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.Stephen Pullinger
People were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.
Two fire crews from the town's station were called to the blaze at about 9.30pm on Friday and found thick smoke spreading up the stairs.
Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire and put it out quickly to eliminate any danger to residents.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 6 New £1.9m council car park gets go-ahead despite opposition
- 7 'It's family and it was taken away' - how pandemic hit hospitality staff
- 8 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 9 What a view: Unique apartment in former Norwich school is for sale
- 10 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000