Norwich among the worst cities for dog poo complaints
- Credit: Archant
People in Norwich complain about dog poo more than any other city in the country apart from York, a new study has found.
Protect My Paws has revealed a list of UK cities which love to moan about pooch mess.
On its website, it states: “According to Statista, there are an estimated 12.5 million dogs in the UK. That’s a whole lotta pooches to pet and walk and a whole lotta poop to clean up too.
“But it doesn’t just stink. It doesn’t just look bad. It’s dangerous.
It continues: “We made a list of poop-related keywords.
“Then, using Twitter API, we analysed and extracted tweets featuring those words. We extrapolated data to calculate the numbers for a whole year. We then compared the number of tweets with population figures and ranked the UK cities.”
Norwich scored 89.3 “of Tweets yearly per 100,000 population”.
- 1 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 2 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 3 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 6 A look back at shoppers in Norwich over the decades
- 7 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 8 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 9 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 10 Busy Norwich city centre road reopened after crash
The worst city in the UK was York with 97.6 and third place was Manchester with 82.8.