Pedestrianised area clampdown in Norwich city centre
Kim BriscoeEnforcement officers will be clamping down on unauthorised vehicles using some of the most popular pedestrianised streets in Norwich city centre.Kim Briscoe
Enforcement officers will be clamping down on unauthorised vehicles using some of the most popular pedestrianised streets in Norwich city centre.
Civil enforcement officers from Norwich City Council are now empowered to issue penalty charge notices to any unauthorised vehicle in Gentleman's Walk, Guildhall Hill and Queen Street during pedestrianised hours.
In Gentleman's Walk the pedestrianised hours are between 10am and 5pm, seven days a week.
Guildhall Hill's pedestrianised hours are from 11am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday.
In Queen Street the restricted hours are from 11am to 4pm and 7pm to 3am, seven days a week.
Outside of these hours any vehicle actively loading and unloading is permitted but waiting of vehicles is not permitted at any time.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 8 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 9 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
If deliveries around these hours present a challenge, businesses may wish to consider the Portal Norwich freight consolidation service which is a joint project between Norwich City Council and Norfolk County Council to help freight access into Norwich city centre.
More information is available at www.foulgertransport.com or from Graham Mayes on 01953 715069.