Paul Young still to perform at The Waterfront in February following wife’s death
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
A singer songwriter's Norwich show will still go ahead after his wife died, promoters have confirmed.
Paul Young is due to play at The Waterfront in February.
His wife Stacey died last week after a battle with cancer, he revealed on Twitter.
'Sadly Stacey has passed away today after a two year fight with brain cancer,' he said.
'She died peacefully at our home surrounded by family, friends and her four children: Levi, Layla, Grady and Jude' he added.
Tributes have poured in online speaking of what an 'amazing, kind and beautiful' women she was and how she will be missed by many.
Sir Rod Stewart wrote: 'My heart goes out to you for your loss. Stacey was warm, wonderful and always got the joke. Much love - Rod'.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 5 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 6 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 7 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 8 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 9 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 10 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
Regarding the show in Norwich, promoters said: 'Following the passing of Paul Young's wife Stacey last week, we can confirm that this show is still going ahead on the original date as planned. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to the venue.'