Paul Young still to perform at The Waterfront in February following wife’s death
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
A singer songwriter's Norwich show will still go ahead after his wife died, promoters have confirmed.
Paul Young is due to play at The Waterfront in February.
His wife Stacey died last week after a battle with cancer, he revealed on Twitter.
'Sadly Stacey has passed away today after a two year fight with brain cancer,' he said.
'She died peacefully at our home surrounded by family, friends and her four children: Levi, Layla, Grady and Jude' he added.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes have poured in online speaking of what an 'amazing, kind and beautiful' women she was and how she will be missed by many.
Sir Rod Stewart wrote: 'My heart goes out to you for your loss. Stacey was warm, wonderful and always got the joke. Much love - Rod'.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Man died by suicide two days before Christmas, inquest hears
Regarding the show in Norwich, promoters said: 'Following the passing of Paul Young's wife Stacey last week, we can confirm that this show is still going ahead on the original date as planned. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to the venue.'