Paul Weller first name announced for Thetford Forest
Modfather Paul Weller is the first artist to sign up for the Forestry Commission's Forest Live concert programme at Thetford Forest next summer.
The former frontman of The Jam will perform at the High Lodge venue on July 12, with all profits from the show being pumped back into improving the woodland.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Weller, who had six era-defining albums with The Jam; five with The Style Council and 11 as a solo artist including his most recent Number One release, Sonik Kicks, previously played in the forest in 2004 and 2009.
It will mark a quick return to playing outdoors in East Anglia after he also headlined the closing night of the latitude festival this year.
He said: 'It will be good for me to be back in the woods. I really enjoy the unique atmosphere of these gigs, as do the fans.'
The date is one of two forest gigs with the star also performing another date in the West Country.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
Tickets, priced �39 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am on November 23 on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music