Paul Weller first name announced for Thetford Forest
Modfather Paul Weller is the first artist to sign up for the Forestry Commission's Forest Live concert programme at Thetford Forest next summer.
The former frontman of The Jam will perform at the High Lodge venue on July 12, with all profits from the show being pumped back into improving the woodland.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Weller, who had six era-defining albums with The Jam; five with The Style Council and 11 as a solo artist including his most recent Number One release, Sonik Kicks, previously played in the forest in 2004 and 2009.
It will mark a quick return to playing outdoors in East Anglia after he also headlined the closing night of the latitude festival this year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It will be good for me to be back in the woods. I really enjoy the unique atmosphere of these gigs, as do the fans.'
The date is one of two forest gigs with the star also performing another date in the West Country.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
Tickets, priced �39 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am on November 23 on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music