Patients show high level of satisfaction at N&N
Dan GrimmerFeedback gathered from more than 1,000 patients treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital show high satisfaction levels, bosses said today.Dan Grimmer
Feedback gathered from more than 1,000 patients treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital show high satisfaction levels, bosses said today.
Valuable patient feedback is gathered every month at the hospital using innovative touchscreen technology.
The hospital uses the Dr Foster Intelligence Patient Experience Tracker system, which has portable "tablets" that patients use to key in answers to a range of questions about their care.
During December 2009 and January 2010 more than 1,000 patients (1,066) gave their feedback on services across the hospital from the emergency department, the medical and surgical wards, and the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit.
You may also want to watch:
The results for the two months were:
Emergency department: Out of 76 patients questioned, 100pc said they would recommend the hospital to family and friends and 98pc said nurses showed care and compassion.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Medical wards: Out of 311 patients, 97pc said nurses showed care and compassion and 94pc said staff responded to their needs.
Surgical wards: Out of 539 patients 96pc said they would recommend the hospital to family and friends.
The Dr Foster Intelligence system is used on wards, emergency and out-patient areas to monitor patient satisfaction and deliver improved patient services.