Part of A11 closed following rush hour crash
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A11 is closed to traffic heading into Norwich following a crash during rush hour traffic.
Police are on the scene near the Thickthorn Interchange following a crash earlier on Friday evening.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary wrote on Twitter that one lane of the northbound carriageway had been closed as a result of the incident.
Police have urged people to avoid the area, seek alternative routes and expect delays while traffic officers tend to the scene.
The incident has led to a heavy tailback of traffic between Wymondham and Thickthorn in the Norwich-bound carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
No further details have been made available at this time.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 3 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 4 Norwich Ikea store excluded from new 'Buy Back' scheme
- 5 Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- 6 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 7 Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open Norwich branch
- 8 Music pub builds outdoor stage to allow gigs for 150 people
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Meet Norwich's pub detective shining a light on the city's past