UnBEARable five-hour wait for bargain Build-A-Bear toys in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children have been waiting up to five hours to build-a-bear at the intu Chapelfield in Norwich.
Huge queues snaked around the second floor of the city centre shopping centre on Thursday, as driven parents and excited children hope to make it in to the Build-A-Bear store.
'Pay Your Age Day' at Build-A-Bear Workshop has discounted the product to builders age across the United Kingdom stores.
Matthew Hill, 28, travelled from Fakenham to buy his two sons, aged two and one, their first and second Build-A-Bear.
For just three pound - the wait is worth it.
You may also want to watch:
'We're here for the offer really, a bear can be £25 without the clothes and accessories,
Mr Hill said: 'We have been queuing since 9.30 this morning.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 8 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Emily Drew from Norwich never had the opportunity to Build-A-Bear because 'it is usually quite expensive'.
The 18-year-old woke up bright and early with her one-year-old daughter to be one of the first in line to secure a bear.
Ms Drew said: 'I've been here since 8.30 this morning, so four hours now.'
The line was cut just after midday to ensure the first in, had their bears dressed best.
Anya Smith from Dereham just missed out on the cut off point but decided to wait in case anyone left the queue.
She said: 'It's a very long line but I am going to wait here until it moves - the line is going quite quick.'
Build-A-Bear released a statement on their website clarifying their decision to close the line for early opening stores.
The statement read: 'Local authorities are requiring us to limit the lines and crowds due to safety concerns. We understand this is disappointing, we are working to address the situation, and we will be reaching out to our valued Guests soon.'
Store manager of the Norwich store, CJ, said: 'Everyone loves a bear, and I think it is the bigger families that can come in to build a bear for all their family,
'The price of the bears are between £11 to £25, so we are offering coupons for those who have missed out because we have cut the queue.'