Paralympic star gives a helping hand to Norwich children
Attleborough's Paralympic shot putter Danny Nobbs was the special guest at a sporting Talent ID Day at UEA Sportspark yesterday.
The event was organised by Active Norfolk as part of its Playground to Podium programme to support young disabled people who have shown a talent in PE and sport.
Mr Nobbs represented Britain in the 2008 Beijing Paralympics and is widely tipped to be in Team GB for London 2012.
He gave coaching on five Paralympic sports: wheelchair basketball, football, athletics, table tennis and boccia – a form of wheelchair bowls.
The event is the first of two Talent ID Days this year that are open to children with a disability in mainstream or special schools.
To find out more, log on to www.activenorfolk.org
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre