Paralympic star gives a helping hand to Norwich children
Attleborough's Paralympic shot putter Danny Nobbs was the special guest at a sporting Talent ID Day at UEA Sportspark yesterday.
The event was organised by Active Norfolk as part of its Playground to Podium programme to support young disabled people who have shown a talent in PE and sport.
Mr Nobbs represented Britain in the 2008 Beijing Paralympics and is widely tipped to be in Team GB for London 2012.
He gave coaching on five Paralympic sports: wheelchair basketball, football, athletics, table tennis and boccia – a form of wheelchair bowls.
The event is the first of two Talent ID Days this year that are open to children with a disability in mainstream or special schools.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, log on to www.activenorfolk.org
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich