Paralympic star gives a helping hand to Norwich children
Attleborough's Paralympic shot putter Danny Nobbs was the special guest at a sporting Talent ID Day at UEA Sportspark yesterday.
The event was organised by Active Norfolk as part of its Playground to Podium programme to support young disabled people who have shown a talent in PE and sport.
Mr Nobbs represented Britain in the 2008 Beijing Paralympics and is widely tipped to be in Team GB for London 2012.
He gave coaching on five Paralympic sports: wheelchair basketball, football, athletics, table tennis and boccia – a form of wheelchair bowls.
The event is the first of two Talent ID Days this year that are open to children with a disability in mainstream or special schools.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, log on to www.activenorfolk.org
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 8 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September